Commercial Loan Officer
Responsible for developing business relationships and underwriting member business loans. Markets, promotes, and educates members and potential members about how the commercial loan program may meet their lending needs. Collects and analyzes member information regarding income, assets, investments or debts and determine which financial products best meet the member’s needs and financial circumstances. Advises member regarding advantages and disadvantages of different financial products.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes the needs of business members and prospects to determine which financial products and services best meet the needs of the member. Interviews loan applicants, explains loan options, rates, terms and collateral requirements. Examines, underwrites and approves loans. Exercises lending authority for loan approvals and presents to the Commercial Lending Manager and/or Loan Committee. Ensures all loan documentation is accurate and compliant before loan closing.
- Develops and implements a specific business development program with quantifiable goals. Markets and promotes commercial lending products to member base.
- Determines the needs of members and writes detailed credit analyses which support the Credit Union’s decision to approve the loan. Collects and analyzes the member’s financial information (income, assets, and debts) to determine the proper loan product. This analysis focuses on the creditworthiness of the member supported by financial analysis, ratio calculations and other pertinent information.
- Monitors the performance of loans assigned and follows up with collection procedures where necessary. Ensures the Credit Union’s collateral is secure where applicable.
- Uses tact and experience-based knowledge to resolve more complex member problems, explaining specific policies and products while representing the credit union in a professional manner and maintaining positive member relations.
- Provides a monthly report detailing contacts with existing and potential members.
- Participates in community affairs to increase LGFCU’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities. Develops relationships with branch personnel to refer business loan requests. Keeps abreast of community news in order to develop and follow up on business lending needs.
- Performs other business development, commercial lending and member relations duties as assigned.
- Performs other financial planning, business development and administrative duties and special projects as assigned by Manager.
- On ongoing basis completes monthly reports and submits required reports to management timely and with 100% accuracy.
Four-year degree preferred with BA/BS in accounting, finance or business preferred. Minimum 2 years commercial lending experience required. Formal business lending, financial statement analysis and credit training preferred. Excellent verbal, written, telephone and interpersonal communication skills. PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and the Internet. Ability to function in a commercial business office environment and use standard office equipment including but not limited to: computer, copier, telephone, etc. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer). Travel required.
Please go to https://www.lgfcu.org/pages/careers.php to apply.