|Bonus points if you can work the Harlem Shake into your video submission (just kidding). Creativity is a definite plus, however!
If you are young CU professional with a video camera or iPhone, a creative flair, and a vision for engaging young credit union professionals, here's a chance for you to shine! The NC Credit Union League is providing an opportunity for a young professional in NC to attend the Future Leaders Forum during the League's Annual Meeting in Pinehurst. (Click here for the Future Leaders Forum agenda, which is located on page five of the linked document.)
In order to attend the forum free-of-charge and engage with other emerging leaders in NC, all you have to do is submit the winning entry in the Future Leaders Forum video contest. The League will be accepting video applications from now until May 1, 2013.
"Emerging leaders bring with them a lot of enthusiasm, creativity and a fresh perspective," said Lauren DeAngelis, NCCUL's Director of Professional Development. "We thought the video contest would be a fun way to spotlight some of the gifted people who make up the next generation of credit union leadership in NC."
Applicants should produce a video not more than two minutes in length that answers the following question: What is your vision for engaging young professionals in the credit union movement? What ideas do you have to realize that vision?
The League will waive the registration fee to attend the Future Leaders Forum, which will be held Sunday, June 9 through Monday afternoon June 10. The winning applicant also receives a free lodging at the Pinehurst Resort on Sunday evening. (Complete contest rules are available at the bottom of this page.)
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren DeAngelis at (800) 822-8859, ext. 9059. To view the Future Leaders Forum agenda and topics covered, please click here to access the event page.
Future Leaders Forum Video Contest Rules:
- Young professionals currently working at a NC credit union may submit a video clip answering the following question: “What is your vision for engaging young professionals in the credit union movement? What ideas do you have to realize that vision?”
- Video clip may be no longer than two minutes.
- Young professionals are encouraged to be as creative as possible and use a
variety of tools and visuals in their presentations.
- Video clips must be uploaded and submitted to the NCCUL by 5:00 pm on
Wednesday, May 1, 2013.
- Qualified applicants will be age 35 or under as of June 10, 2013.
- Applicants will be evaluated by a committee organized by the NCCUL. The
winner will be announced on Friday, May 17, 2013.
- The winning applicant receives free registration to attend the Future Leaders
Forum to be held Sunday-Monday June 9-10, 2013 during the NCCUL Annual
Meeting. Additionally, lodging will be provided to the winner for Sunday